KindnessG’mach serves local Jews in need from a broad array of backgrounds, circumstances, and diverse needs, including, among others, the following profiles and particular needs:
- Struggling, financially vulnerable Jewish households
- Everything and varied, Jewish holidays supplies, clothing, special occasion items, household goods, toiletries, furniture
- Orthodox community
- Kosher housewares, dishes, books, high holiday supplies, linen, furniture and special occasion clothing such as weddings, suits, gifts
- Autism and special needs community
- G’mach creates a safe place for them to receive the help that they need, often by appointment, enabling the family to gather and shop in quiet surroundings with reduced sensory overload.
- Israeli post-doc families
- Need everything to set up their home, such as furniture, housewares, clothing, school uniforms, etc… After 4 years they often donate all items back.
- Israeli lung and heart transplant patients
- G’mach provides furniture, sterile mattresses, and other household items to assist each family for approximately 2 years.
- Local Synagogues and Jewish schools
- Books, games, tablecloths and various Shabbat evening supplies.
- Residents of the San Diego Moishe House
- Young graduates need housewares, bedding, and furniture.
- Jewish Trans community members
- There is an increased demand for clothing, housewares and furniture. We offer services by appointment to allow for privacy.
- The Ken community:
- Surplus clothing is donated to their Mexican community charities.
- Community members
- Grandparents borrow car seats, strollers, cribs, toys and books for out-of-town family visits. Items are returned after a short time, often with a donation. We also receive similar requests from families who are in town visiting for events such as weddings or bar mitzvahs.
Thank you for all of your kindness and for moving heaven and earth to get me the help I needed.
G-d bless you for the huge amount that you do and the many lives and hearts you touch.
Thank you for your kindness and generosity and for being there for me when nobody else was.
When I found myself in a major bind and had no other way out, you were there for me. Without your help I most definitely would not have been able to overcome this crisis.
As a single mother of three, I would like to thank you for providing our community with a much-needed resource.
I had nowhere to turn for help. Helene and Myrice, at the G’mach, were so compassionate and helpful in so many ways. They restored my hope in humanity!